Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Maui Trip.

We decided to take a little family trip to Maui just the 3 of us.  Zack has been working so hard & has had an amazing year...so we thought it was well deserved.  Plus I've been dying to go to a beach.  Also my parents have a fantastic Timeshare in Maui they weren't going to use, so we were so down to take advantage of free lodging.  So we flew out Sunday the 28th and had to go to Phoenix then Maui.  It was about 6 hours of flying.  I was super nervous about the 5 hour flight with baby, but seriously she did so amazing.  She slept 4 of the 5 hours and never cried.  We were praised by everyone on the plane.  It made me so happy.  She is the best babes.  We got to Maui around 2:30 & got a rental car & i got us a sweet deal on a new Ford Explorer...such a nice SUV.  We headed to the Westin Villas in Kaanapali.  If you Have never been there, it is definitely worth checking out....It is Amazing.  The rooms have full kitchen & a huge jetted tub.  We pretty much spent the week at the pool, lounging, shopping, Eating!  All my favorite things to do.  We brought our baby monitor & were able to leave baby in the room while she napped & we watched her from our phones at the pool.  It was so nice to be able to have some time with Zack alone & get some good sun.  We spent a lot of time at the kids are where they had a pirate ship that u could play in with slides & fun stuff.  Kaylee loved the water and could be in it all day.  Luckily she never got burned...I seriously lathered her up big time.  We ate at amazing places....I gained 4 lbs.  Totally worth it.  It was such a fun relaxing trip.  I did do something so Blond though....we went to the airport to leave back home....got up to the counter & our confirmation # kept saying too early to check in...I'm like um What the heck.  So i ask the lady yeah we were a day early.  SO we had to pay a pretty penny to make it on that flight...but we did it.  Zack had to be back to work and we just wanted to get home.  I was super embarrassed and felt so bad to waste our money like that, but you live & you learn i guess.  Zack was so sweet and understanding.  Also i will never to an overnight flight ever again...we did that on the way home & i couldnt sleep cause baby was sleeping on me & i could never get comfortable.  But overrall we had an awesome time.  Making memories with your family is what this life is about.  I'm thankful Zack works so hard so we are able to take vacations.  We are so blessed.  I love my Family so much.  Till next year....:)







1 comment:

  1. Maui is awesome! I am glad you guys had a week of fun and sun. Utah was nice and cold so you can feel good about that :)

    ReplyDelete